Sunday, July 12, 2015

#1 Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore- Robin Sloane


Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore - By Robin Sloan 

Synopsis: The protagonist Clay Jannon has become yet another victim to the Great Recession. While hunting for a new job, he lands a position on the night shift at Mr. Penumbra 24-Hour Bookstore. But what he finds, is that few people buy books, but many eccentric patrons borrow books from the dark corners of the store. He begins observing the unusual patrons and what he finds is unpredictable and astonishing! 

I read a lot of fiction and good fiction is few and far-between. One of my fellow librarians suggested it to me and it exceeded expectations. It's not your typical love story fiction, it's no Nicholas Sparks that for sure. I found it to be very refreshing read. Combining the elements of mystery, fantasy, and adventure, Sloan manages to weave an unforgettable tale!

And did I mention, the cover glows in the dark! 





No comments:

Post a Comment